Radiance is under construction!
We began construction in Jan 2018, and the current status is a livable building, with major cement and steel work in completed.
We still need to raise $200K by June 15th 2018, in order to complete this project! Please see our loan proposal and donation information at: radianceoak.com. Please tell your friends and acquaintances about us!
Completed! The Radiance IndieGogo Campaign is at:
Big thanks to our many generous donors!
If you wish to make a direct donation instead, then PayPal to email@example.com.
Please note that donations to Radiance Oak for improvements to our building are not tax deductible.
We are working in conjunction with Safer DIY Spaces, which supports and advocates safe community spaces in Oakland.
Dan is keeping a daily blog of the progress of our project at Dan’s Blog.
- The property at 278 4th Street, Oakland, CA (historically classified as Makins Produce Warehouse) was purchased by community members in Summer 2015, and is currently owned by the Radiance Oak LLC.
- Our application for Conditional Use for community group assembly was approved in Fall 2015, and our building plan approved in Fall of 2016.
- Our community assembly use requires costly building modifications, including a retrofit to meet current seismic codes We plan to complete this work by mid-2018.
- Upon completing the final step of conversion for assembly, we will open for a full palette of community use!
Plans for the Radiance Oak Community Center
The new Radiance Oak building will remain the same in terms of usable space. We will be making the following significant improvements:
- Seismic retrofit to meet current building code requirements – we are happy to offer a seismically safe location to the neighborhood!
- Additional bathrooms.
- Co-working setup and meeting room space.